Microsoft Security Essentials and Google Chrome

Recently, Microsoft Security Essentials (MSSE) installed on my PC detected a "Password Stealer". I opted to delete the "password stealer". Then I tried to open my Chrome browser and BOOM, it crashed saying the file doesn't exist. I figured out that the "password stealer" deleted by MSSE was in fact Google Chrome.

I reinstalled Chrome, but that won't run saying a permission error. Here is what I did to solve that:

1. Go to: C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application
2. Run chrome_new.exe

That's it, now run Chrome.exe, and you should be able to use Google Chrome again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unable to delete Shared Services Provider in SharePoint (MOSS)

The server was unable to process the request due to an internal error. For more information about the error, either turn on IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (either from ServiceBehaviorAttribute or from the configuration behavior) on the server in order to send the exception information back to the client, or turn on tracing as per the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK documentation and inspect the server trace logs.

Cannot add a SimpleContent column to a table containing element columns or nested relations