To install and enable WiFi on Windows Server 2008 on Dell Studio L501X, I had to follow the steps below:
1. Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager…
2. In the Feature Summary, click Add Feature, and check “Wireless LAN Service" and Install it.
3. Download WiFi driver from Dell’s site OR locate it on your “resource disk” comes with the laptop. Mine was “R273603” driver for the adaptor.
4. Well, running the driver package won’t install it, so just let it extract it to “c:\dell\drivers\R273603” folder (or your driver name folder).
5. Now go in “c:\dell\drivers\R273603\drivers\” folder and execute “DPinst64.exe”.
6. RESTART the system and should be all set!