For a short assignment, I had to jump back to MOSS 2007 and while setting up the MOSS environment on Windows Server 2003, I came across a showstopper which I didn’t face before.
When create a site collection and specify a host header for it, it doesn’t let you login no matter what (Even if you are 100% sure that the credentials are correct). Anyways. I was lucky that others have faced the same problem and figured out that it was due to Service Pack on Windows Server 2003.
Follow these steps*:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
- Right-click Lsa, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DisableLoopbackCheck, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DisableLoopbackCheck, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Quit Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.
*Thanks to Koen who gave this simple solution.